My name is Luís Lopes, I was born in 1981 in Leiria, Portugal. I’m mechanical engineer by profession and since childhood I have always been in contact with nature, seeking my balance point and taking full advantage of the tranquillity, silence and the strong emotions that nature brings me. Passionate about traveling, discovering new cultures and places, it was the perfect combination to start my path in the field of landscape and nature photography.
Already with some national awards and publications in international magazines, I spend a lot of my time editing and planning my next photographic adventures. As a natural explorer and adventurer, I like to meet new countries and collect the best that each place has to offer. In this way I have the best of both worlds, I can explore my creativity and at the same time share with the world the images and emotions that I try to convey through photography.
- 2º Place Worten National Award, by Canon – 2019
- ND Awards – Honorable Mention in Special: Night Photography Category – 2018
- Awarded in National contest “Concurso Nacional de Fotografia Quercus – BMWi” in Category A – Agriculture – 2017
- ND Awards – Honorable Mention in Nature: Seascapes/ Waterscapes Category – 2016
Magazines and Online Publishing
- MEDITERRANIO E DINTORNI – Italian Magazine – Culture, Tourism and Art – Cover image, full portfolio inside, from Iceland – Jan 2020
- MEDITERRANIO E DINTORNI – Italian Magazine – Culture, Tourism and Art – Full Portofolio inside, from Portugal – Jun 2019
- NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC – International Photo Magazine – featured photo “The Dragon” – April 2019
- DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHER – International Photo Magazine – featured photo “The Dragon” – April 2019
- BLACK&WHITE IN COLOR – Brazilian Photo Magazine – Cover image, full portfolio inside – Feb 2019
- VISÃO – Portuguese National Magazine – featured photo “Kirkjufell” – Jan 2019
- CARAS – Portuguese National Magazine – featured photo “DC-3 in Flames” – Dec 2018
- OLHARES.COM Website – Several times featured for Cover image
- ON A MISSION – Make our climate safe again!
On a Mission is a non-profit organisation investing in carefully selected reforestation projects to compensate carbon emissions. By scaling the projects, we aim at a massive impact on climate change.
For collaborations or other type of enquiries, feel free to contact me